Produce with personality.
The undisputed champions of modern music - Akai Professional - have done it again.
The Akai LPD8 is an extremely affordable and super portable USB and MIDI pad controller, perfect for those that want to create beats and music wherever they like.
Measuring in at just 33 cm, the Akai LPD8 is a USB MIDI pad controller that's meant to escape the boundaries of your studio. It weighs less than a pound, will easily fit into a laptop case, backpack, or messenger bag, and gives you great-feeling pads and simple parameter controls so you can make music wherever you are.
Lose the Mouse, Forget the Keyboard
Music was never meant to be created with a mouse and computer keyboard.
With the Akai LPD8, you’re no longer limited to making music in a stiff, non-musical way.
Pound out new beats on LPD8's drum pads.
Add and tweak effects using LPD8's Q-Link knobs.
LPD8 provides a satisfying production experience that travels with you.
Production in your Pocket
LPD8 is based on Akai Professional’s MPC line of iconic music production workstations.
The backlit pads are velocity-sensitive, perfect for programming rhythmic or melodic parts. Send note information, MIDI CCs, or program changes from the pads to your software, and assign each of the eight Q-Link knobs to control any parameter.
When Inspiration Knocks
Be ready to answer.
LPD8 has four memory banks, so you can set it up to work with each of your favourite software programs instantly. Plus, it's class-compliant and USB-powered, so there are no drivers to install and there's no power adaptor required.
Just put the Akai LPD8 in your computer bag and be ready to make music.
- USB-MIDI controller works with virtually all audio software
- Eight backlit, velocity-sensitive drum pads can send note or program change
- Eight Q-Link knobs for controlling virtually any parameters in software
- Plug-and-play USB connection for Mac and PC requires no driver installation
- Small enough to fit in a backpack or laptop bag
- Four programmable memory banks
- Comes with editor software for Mac and PC
- USB bus powered no additional power cable needed