The Beast, Unleashed
The Akai Professional MPC X is a standalone MPC featuring a beautiful, full colour, adjustable 10.1” multi-touch screen, 16 amazingly responsive, velocity and pressure sensitive RGB pads and 16 GB of internal storage.
Powering the Akai MPC X is our stellar MPC 2.0 Software, which runs native on the MPC X in standalone mode.
To make it a truly untethered, computer free experience, the MPC X also features two USB slots that can be used for MIDI controller connectivity.
For more expressive performances, there are 16 touch sensitive 360 degree assignable pots - perfect for precisely automating individual QLink parameters. Above each of those QLink pots is a high resolution OLED display, detailing info for the individual parameter.
Check out some Key Features:
- Truly standalone MPC – no computer required
- 10.1” full colour multi-touch display
- Also acts as a control surface for MPC 2.0 software
- 16 Touch-capacitive Q-Link controls with OLED displays
- Turntable (RCA) inputs with ground peg
- 16GB of on-board storage
- User-expandable 2.5” SATA drive bay (SSD or HDD)
- 2 MIDI inputs, 4 MIDI Outputs
- 8 configurable CV/Gate outputs for the analogue control of modular gear, such as classic synths
- 2 USB-A 3.0 slots for thumb drives or MIDI controllers
- Ableton Link over WiFi
- Bluetooth 4.0 Midi Support
Alpha and Omega
The history of modern music is intrinsically linked to the Akai Professional MPC line.
Akai Professional have created machines that spawned new genres, and advanced existing ones.
Countless instruments have attempted to replicate the design, workflow and celebrated swing of the Music Production Center.
In short, the MPC is a legend maker.
In creating the new MPC X, Akai Professional took lessons learnt from every MPC that preceded it, to engineer a production centrepiece truly fit to be the Music Production Centre of the future.
To Plug or Not to Plug
Whether you prefer to go computer-free or not, it can’t be denied that there are some fantastic sounding VST instruments and effects out there.
For those times when you need your favourite plug-ins, the Akai MPC X effortlessly goes from formidable standalone machine to a high powered MIDI controller that is explicitly designed to run the feature rich MPC Software 2.0 in your favourite DAW.
A number of new features added to MPC 2.0 include:
- Audio track recording
- Improved time warp
- Enhanced Q-Link control
- Audio and MIDI drag and drop, all appearing on a new graphical interface
- Infinite Sounds, Unlimited Inspiration
The MPC range has a well earned reputation for sounds that hit hard and sound great, right out of the box.
The MPC X builds on that reputation, and takes it to a whole new level.
Pre-installed with 10 GB of world class sounds, The Vault 2.0 features samples and kits from top-notch sound design companies including CAPSUN ProAudio, MVP Loops, CR2 Records, and of course - from Akai Professional.
Want to incorporate your own samples without tethering to a computer?
The X features a 2.5” SATA drive connector, providing additional storage via installation of a fixed hard drive – either SSD or HDD.
Additionally, sounds can be accessed and added to the library using the built-in SD Card slot or the USB thumb drive.
You can also record directly to all the aforementioned storage locations.
Above and Beyond
The Akai MPC X has a number of additional features that make it the most powerful standalone music production tool to date:
- The MPC X has a high quality audio interface engineered for recording, sampling and transmitting pristine sound
- The back panel is equipped with 2 XLR + 1/4” TRS inputs for recording microphones - including those needing 48v phantom power
- There are two additional 1/4” TRS line inputs on the back panel and the front panel also features two more 1/4” line inputs
- Onboard CV/Gate outputs enable the analogue control of modular gear such as classic synths and drum machines.
- For vinyl junkies, we include two RCA phono inputs with RIAA preamp to ensure the right levels are coming into the MPC X from your turntable.
The joy of sampling vinyl is at the core of what made the classic MPC workflow legendary. We’re staying true to our roots while simultaneously improving the sound and stability of the sampling process.
The MPC X is the pinnacle of lengthy research and development, detailed feedback from our passionate user base and the merging of the best technologies from across the Akai Professional product line.
“In creating the concept for the MPC X we wanted to preserve the classic MPC feel and workflow that people love,” said Dan Gill, Product Manager for Akai Professional. “But we turned the idea on its head and incorporated the best of what a modern touch-screen interface can offer. What we have now is the most powerful MPC production experience ever.”
We proudly present the Music Production Center that embodies the best of past, present and future beat-oriented production machines.
The MPC X will be the centerpiece of studios worldwide - and yours - for years to come.
Additional features in the MPC 2.0 firmware:
- New graphical interface
- Audio track recording
- Real-time time-stretching and pitch-shifting
- Clip Program mode for clip launching workflow
- Re-imagined mixer layout – re-sizeable faders, an adaptive channel strip, a dedicated audio track, editing window, re-sizeable waveform view
- Advanced signal routing capability - sub-mixes, FX returns, multi-output plugin support
- More efficient and streamlined MPC workflow
- Audio and MIDI drag and drop
- Enhanced QLink Control
Akai MPC X Specifications:
- 16 x velocity and pressure sensitive pads, RGB backlit
- 8 x banks accessible via Pad Bank buttons
- 16 x 360° touch-sensitive Q-Link knobs for parameter adjustment
- 1 x 360° encoder for display navigation and selection via push
- 7 x 270° knobs for gain, mix & level adjustment
- 63 x dedicated function buttons
- 10.1” / 257 mm (diagonal)
- 8.5” x 5.5” / 216 x 139 mm (width x height)
- Full colour LED backlit display with touch interface
- RAM: 2 GB
- Storage: 16 GB (user storage, 10 GB pre-installed content), 4 GB (MPC operating system)
- 2 x XLR+1/4” (6.35 mm) TRS inputs (Input 1/2)
- 2 x 1/4” (6.35 mm) TRS inputs (Input 3/4: 1 stereo pair)
- 2 x 1/4” (6.35 mm) TS instrument inputs (Inst 1/2)
- 2 x RCA inputs (Input 3/4: 1 stereo pair, phono- or line-level)
- 2 x 1/4” (6.35 mm) TS footswitch inputs (FS 1/2)
- 2 x 5-pin MIDI inputs
- 8 x 1/4” (6.35 mm) TRS outputs (Main L/R, Outputs 3/4–7/8: 4 stereo pairs)
- 4 x 5-pin MIDI outputs
- 8 x 1/8” (3.5 mm) CV/Gate outputs
- 1 x 1/4” (6.35 mm) stereo headphone output
- 1 x 1/8” (3.5 mm) stereo headphone output
- 2 x USB Type-A ports (1) USB Type-B port
- 1 x SD card slot
- 1 x power adaptor input (power adaptor included -19 V, 3.42 A, centre-positive)
Dimensions (width x depth x height):
- 50.5 x 42.4 x 8.7 cm (display flat)
- 50.5 x 38.8 x 21.4 cm (display upright)
- 5.66 kg