Choose Your Weapon
Building on the success of the original, the feature-packed MPD2 Series gives you amazing creative musical ammo with Thick Fat back-lit MPC pads, improved controls and new bundled software.
OK, it was a tall order. We admit it. People loved the original MPD's so much that we didn’t want to mess with success.
But we did
The Akai MPD2 Series is a product of over six years of detailed customer research and user feedback.
We asked what you wanted and we listened closely.
We took what you told us and turned it into the most capable and user-friendly line of pad controllers Akai Professional has developed to date - the MPD218, MPD226 and the MPD232.
The Akai MPD218 is a MIDI-over-USB pad controller perfect for producers, programmers, musicians and DJ's alike.
It's intuitive blend of MPC controls and technologies mesh with easy USB connectivity to bring the feel of classic beat making into the world of computer music production.
Experience the Difference
First, we stepped up our game by adding new, ultra sensitive Thick Fat MPC pads, creating an amazingly responsive user experience.
The MPD218 also has an expanded control set of six knobs in three banks versus one control on the previous MPD18 model. This will enable you to maximise your sound and give you increased control over effects.
MIDI information is sent over its plug-and-play USB interface for use on Mac or PC, eliminating the need to install any drivers.
The USB connection powers the MPD218 so the included USB cable is all you need.
Along with the improved functionality we’ve added iOS compatibility using the Camera Connection Kit (sold separately) and included over $400 of free software.
- Akai Pro MPC Essentials
- Big Bang Drums and Big Bang Cinematic Percussion from Sonivox
- Ableton Live Lite
- Software Preset Editor
Our MPD2 Series marks an important evolution of the pad controller.
Many years of research and customer feedback has led directly to some of the most capable pad controllers we’ve ever developed.
These MPD's are the perfect bridge between your creativity and your computer-based studio.
We are pleased to announce that the critically acclaimed MPC Software 2.0 is now available for the Akai MPD218, greatly enhancing the capability and functionality from the included MPC Essentials.
MPC Software 2.0 is a cutting-edge production suite combining:
- 128-track sequencing capability
- real-time time stretching
- clip-launch functionality
- advanced MIDI editing capability
- VST compatibility in controller mode
- operation as a standalone application on Mac & PC
- advanced sampling & audio editing/recording functionality
- seamless DAW integration
- a redesigned GUI
- Ableton Link Compatibility
- and much more!
Whether you're seeking freedom from computer based music production, or searching for the perfect controller for DAW-centric creative exploration, MPC Software 2.0 grants the ultimate in adaptive creative versatility.
- 16 Thick Fat backlit MPC pads
- 48 assignable pads accessible via 3 banks
- 18 assignable 360-dgree potentiometers accessible via 3 banks
- MPC Note Repeat and Full Level
- iOS compatible using the Camera Connection Kit (sold separately)
- 16 configurable presets
- USB powered, no AC adapter required
- Includes Ableton Live Lite, Akai Pro MPC Essentials, Sonivox Big Bang Cinematic Percussion and Big Bang Universal Drums