Akai MPD226 Feature Packed Highly Playable Pad Controller
- Free Shipping
Choose Your Weapon:
Building on the success of the original, the feature-packed MPD2 Series gives you amazing creative musical ammo with Thick Fat backlit MPC pads, improved controls and new bundled software
OK, it was a tall order. We admit it. People loved the original MPD's so much that we didn’t want to mess with success.
But we did
The Akai MPD2 Series is a product of over six years of detailed customer research and user feedback.
We asked what you wanted and we listened closely.
We took what you told us and turned it into the most capable and user-friendly line of pad controllers Akai Professional has developed to date - the MPD218, MPD226 and the MPD232.
The Akai MPD226 is a MIDI-over-USB pad controller perfect for producers, programmers, musicians and DJ's alike.
Its intuitive blend of MPC controls and technologies mesh with easy USB connectivity to bring the feel of classic beat making into the world of computer music production.
Experience the Difference
First, we stepped up our game by adding new, ultra sensitive Thick Fat MPC pads, creating an amazingly responsive user experience.
The MPD226 has an expanded control set featuring four knobs, four faders, four buttons arranged in three banks for 36 total controls versus 12 on the MPD26. This will enable you to maximise your sound and give you increased control over effects.
MIDI information is sent over its plug-and-play USB interface for use on Mac or PC, eliminating the need to install any drivers.
Along with the improved functionality we’ve added iOS compatibility using the Camera Connection Kit (sold separately) and included over $400 of free software.
- Akai Pro MPC Essentials
- Big Bang Drums and Big Bang Cinema from Sonivox
- Ableton Live Lite
- Software Preset Editor
The aforementioned Software Preset Editor allows you to enjoy intuitive control editing right from the front panel of the MPD226.
Our MPD2 Series marks an important evolution of the pad controller. Many years of research and customer feedback has led directly to some of the most capable pad controllers we’ve ever developed.
These MPDs are the perfect bridge between your creativity and your computer-based studio.
We are pleased to announce that the critically acclaimed MPC Software 2.0 is now available for your MPD, greatly enhancing the capability and functionality from the included MPC Essentials.
MPC Software 2.0 is a cutting-edge production suite combining:
- real-time time stretching
- clip-launch functionality
- advanced MIDI editing capability
- VST compatibility in controller mode
- operation as a standalone application on Mac & PC
- advanced sampling & audio editing/recording functionality
- seamless DAW integration
- a redesigned GUI
- Ableton Link Compatibility
- and much more!
Whether you're seeking freedom from computer based music production, or searching for the perfect controller for DAW-centric creative exploration, MPC Software 2.0 grants the ultimate in adaptive creative versatility.
- 16 Thick Fat RGB illuminated velocity and pressure sensitive MPC pads
- 64 assignable pads accessible via 4 banks
- 4 assignable faders, 4 assignable Q-Link knobs, 4 assignable Q-Link buttons
- 36 assignable controls accessible via 3 banks
- Classic MPC Note Repeat, MPC Swing, 16 Level, Full Level and Tap Tempo
- 30 presets total, with configurations for most popular DAWs
- iOS compatible using the Camera Connection Kit (sold separately)
- MIDI In and Out jacks for controlling external gear
- Dedicated Transport controls
- Includes Ableton Live Lite, Akai Pro MPC Essentials, Sonivox Big Bang Cinematic Percussion and Big Bang Universal Drums