Choose Your Weapon:
Building on the success of the original, the feature-packed MPD2 Series gives you amazing creative musical ammo with Thick Fat back-lit MPC pads, improved controls and new bundled software
OK, it was a tall order. We admit it. People loved the original MPDs so much that we didn’t want to mess with success.
But we did
The MPD2 Series is a product of over six years of detailed customer research and user feedback.
We asked what you wanted and we listened closely.
We took what you told us and turned it into the most capable and user-friendly line of pad controllers Akai Professional has developed to date.
The MPD232 is a MIDI-over-USB pad controller perfect for producers, programmers, musicians and DJ's alike.
Its intuitive blend of MPC controls and technologies mesh with easy USB connectivity to bring the feel of classic beat making into the world of computer music production.
Experience the Difference
First, we stepped up our game by adding new, ultra sensitive Thick Fat MPC pads, creating an amazingly responsive user experience.
The Akai MPD232 has an expanded control set featuring eight knobs, eight faders, eight buttons arranged in three banks for 72 total controls. This will enable you to maximize your sound and give you increased control over effects.
The MPD232 also boasts an all-new 64-channel, 32-step performance sequencer, which the MPD32 did not have.
MIDI information is sent over its plug-and-play USB interface for use on Mac or PC, eliminating the need to install any drivers.
Along with the improved functionality Akai have added iOS compatibility using the Camera Connection Kit (sold separately) and included over $400 of free software!
- Akai Pro MPC Essentials
- Big Bang Drums and Big Bang Cinema from Sonivox
- Ableton Live Lite
- Software Preset Editor
The aforementioned Software Preset Editor allows you to enjoy intuitive control editing right from the front panel of the Akai MPD232.
Our MPD2 Series marks an important evolution of the pad controller.
Many years of research and customer feedback has led directly to some of the most capable pad controllers we’ve ever developed.
These MPD's are the perfect bridge between your creativity and your computer-based studio.
We are pleased to announce that the critically acclaimed MPC Software 2.0 upgrade is now available for your MPD, greatly enhancing the capability and functionality from the included MPC Essentials.
MPC Software 2.0 is a cutting-edge production suite combining:
- 128-track sequencing capability
- real-time time stretching
- clip-launch functionality
- advanced MIDI editing capability
- VST compatibility in controller mode
- operation as a standalone application on Mac & PC
- advanced sampling & audio editing/recording functionality
- seamless DAW integration
- a redesigned GUI
- Ableton Link Compatibility
- and much more!
Whether you're seeking freedom from computer based music production, or searching for the perfect controller for DAW-centric creative exploration, MPC Software 2.0 grants the ultimate in adaptive creative versatility.
- 64-part, 32-step sequencer to control pad events
- 16 Thick Fat RGB illuminated velocity and pressure sensitive MPC pads
- 64 assignable pads accessible via 4 banks
- 8 assignable faders, 8 assignable Q-Link knobs, 8 assignable Q-Link buttons
- 72 assignable controls accessible via 3 banks
- Classic MPC Note Repeat, MPC Swing, 16 Level, Full Level and Tap Tempo
- 30 presets total, with configurations for most popular DAWs
- iOS compatible using the Camera Connection Kit (sold separately)
- MIDI In and Out jacks for controlling external gear
- Dedicated Transport controls
- Includes Ableton Live Lite, Akai Pro MPC Essentials, Sonivox Big Bang Cinematic Percussion and Big Bang Universal Drums