Go mobile without losing control.
The new Akai MPK Mini MKII is an ultra compact keyboard controller designed for the travelling musician and the desktop producer.
With an array of hardware controls, the MPK Mini MKII lets you record, compose, and perform with virtual instruments, effect plugins, and DAW's whenever inspiration strikes.
It features 25 velocity-sensitive synth-action keys, a 4-way thumb-stick for dynamic pitch and modulation manipulation, 8 backlit velocity-sensitive MPC-style pads, and 8 assignable Q-Link knobs. Plus, two banks expand the number of MPC-style pads to 16 for extended creative capabilities.
The Akai MPK Mini MKII includes all the essentials for quickly laying down and expanding upon your musical ideas.
Dedicated Octave Up and Down buttons increase the keyboard to the full melodic range, and a sustain pedal input is built in for expressive playing and recording.
An on-board arpeggiator with adjustable resolution, range, and modes makes it easy to create intricate melodic lines with little effort. Plus, MPC Note Repeat and Full Level allow users to access genuine technologies from Akai Professional’s line of MPC workstations.
For maximum portability, the MPK Mini requires no software drivers or external power adaptor for operation.
It supports plug-and-play connectivity, features USB-MIDI, and powers up with a single USB connection to your Mac or PC.
Four memory banks enable you to store hardware/software presets for quick and easy setting up of your computer and the MPK Mini.
The Akai MPK Mini MKII comes bundled with professional production software and virtual instruments for immediate music creation:
- Hybrid 3, by AIR Music Tech, is a high-definition synthesizer that can create anything from fat, retro synth sounds to edgy modern leads and everything in between.
- SONiVOX’s Wobble is an electronic music grime synthesizer that features two independent channels of spectral morphing synthesis with harmonic controls, individual filtering, and discrete LFO controls.
- MPC Essentials, a groove/beat production and sample-triggering software, lets producers and musicians incorporate genuine MPC workflow into their DAW of choice and extends the power of the MPK Mini by adding up to 8 pad banks and 4 samples and insert effects per pad. MPC Essentials also runs in standalone mode, so you can start making music without a DAW.
Unlock the true potential of your MPK Mini MKII with the MPK Mini MIDI Editor software.
This MIDI editor is a powerful preset management software that lets MPK Mini users customise their hardware and software setup on their Mac or PC.
Create and tweak presets for your favourite virtual instruments, plugins, and DAW's, then store them on your MPK Mini.
You’ll spend less time setting up your gear and more time doing what you love—making great music.
- The design incorporates 5 years of user feedback for an all-new, enhanced design
- 25 synth-action mini keys
- 4-way thumb-stick for dynamic pitch and modulation control
- 8 backlit velocity-sensitive MPC-style pads with Note Repeat & Full Level
- 8 assignable Q-Link knobs for mixing, tweaking plug-ins, and more
- Built-in arpeggiator with adjustable resolution, range, and modes
- Dedicated Octave Up and Octave Down buttons
- Ultra-compact design lets you create anywhere
- USB-powered; no power adaptor required
- Full-size sustain pedal input jack
- Comprehensive production software package included: Akai Pro MPC Essentials, SONiVOX Wobble, and Hybrid 3 by AIR Music Tech (downloads)
The Akai MPK Mini MKII now includes VIP3.0 - the ground-breaking, award-winning music software platform that provides musicians and composers with a powerful hands-on control solution for their virtual instrument and virtual effect collection!!
NEW: Welcome to The World of VIP Music Software | Effortless Integration, Enhanced Workflow
Experience expanded control of your VST instrument and effect collection with MPK Mini MKII and Akai Pro VIP3.0.
VIP3.0 provides you with unparalleled access to your virtual instrument and effect collection, seamlessly integrating the hardware/software experience and granting the unrestricted freedom to create in a user-friendly, intuitive format.
The combination of VIP3.0 and MPK Mini MKII maximises workflow and ensures a playing experience that feels natural and enhances creativity – the natural, tactile feel of hardware fused with the unrivalled processing capability of virtual instruments.
Quickly find sounds based on instrument type, timbre, style or articulation from your entire VST library; sculpt immersive, expressive sounds and textures layering up to 8 separate instruments and patches per VIP instance; load up to 4 different VST effects per instrument channel to sculpt the perfect sound; put power into your performance with Pad Chord Progressions and user-friendly key control processors; and much more.
From live performance to studio production, VIP’s user-friendly functionality coupled with a diverse feature set guarantees simple, seamless integration into your existing setup and provides the ultimate platform for unrestricted creative expression.
Keys: 25 velocity-sensitive
Pads: 8 pressure and velocity sensitive light-up MPC style pads x 2 banks for a total of 16
Knobs: 8 assignable controller pots
Computer Interface: USB-MIDI communications to both Mac and PC
Octaves: 10 with Octave Up and Down
Additional Controls: Pitchbend/Mod Joystick, Note Repeat button, Full Level button, Tap Tempo button
Additional Inputs: 1 x 1/4" (6.35 mm) TS input for sustain pedal
Power: USB power - no power adaptor required
Dimensions: 31.7 cm x 18 cm x 4.5 cm (WxDxH)
Weight: 0.75 kgs