Akai MPK225 25 Key USB MIDI Keyboard Controller with MPC Pads
- Free Shipping
MPC 2.0 Software
MPC 2.0 is a cutting-edge production suite combining 128-track sequencing capability, real-time time stretching, clip-launch functionality, advanced MIDI editing capability, VST compatibility in controller mode, operation as a standalone application on Mac & PC, advanced sampling & audio editing/recording functionality, seamless DAW integration, a redesigned GUI, Ableton Link Compatibility and much more.
Whether you're seeking freedom from computer based music production, or searching for the perfect controller for DAW-centric creative exploration, MPC Software 2.0 grants the ultimate in adaptive creative versatility.
You're In Control
Engineered to be an all-in-one controller solution, the Akai Professional MPK225 is a compact performance pad and keyboard controller that combines deep software integration, enhanced workflow, and core technologies from the iconic line of MPC workstations.
Each member of Akai Pro's MPK series comes fully loaded with a comprehensive interface for manipulating virtual instruments, effect plugins, DAWs, and more.
MPK225 features 25 semi-weighted keys with aftertouch, 8 MPC-style pads with RGB feedback, 8 assignable knobs, 4 backlit buttons, and onboard transport buttons.
Three banks expand the number of knobs and switches (up to 24 and 12, respectively), and four pad banks expand the number of pads (up to 32 total).
Plus, MPK225 is USB-powered and optimised to interface directly with your Mac or PC with plug-and-play connectivity.
Made To Play
MPK225 comes equipped with 25 semi-weighted, full-size keys and a premium piano-style keybed for unprecedented response and natural feel.
Each key is velocity-sensitive and outfitted with aftertouch for dynamic, expressive performances and recordings.
In addition, onboard Octave Up and Down controls allow players to access the entire melodic range; play bass lines, piano harmony, solo leads and much more.
Genuine MPC Functionality
Classic MPC Note Repeat and MPC Full Level are onboard for further inspiration.
With MPK225, musicians and composers can incorporate genuine MPC workflow into their productions and create with the tools that producers have relied on for years.
In addition, an arpeggiator, with adjustable resolution, range, and patterns, enables users to explore complex melodic ideas, effortlessly.
MPK225 is armed with powerful production software - Ableton Live Lite and MPC Essentials - for out-of-the-box music creation.
Ableton Live Lite is a fluid audio/MIDI environment that enables musicians and producers to spontaneously compose, record, remix, improvise, and edit musical ideas.
MPC Essentials, a groove/beat production and sample-triggering software, can integrate directly into any DAW, such as Ableton Live Lite, or run standalone. In addition, it extends the power of MPK225 by adding up to 8 pad banks and 4 samples and insert effects per pad.
Two high-definition virtual synthesizers bring the best of synthesis technology to MPK225 users.
Hybrid 3, by AIR Music Tech, is a versatile virtual synthesizer that combines the warmth of legendary analogue synths with a full range of futuristic, digital manipulation capabilities.
SONiVOX Twist, a spectral morphing synthesis virtual instrument, makes it easy to create serious sounds using simple controls.
Together, these powerful instruments give MPK225 users professional music-creation tools that can jumpstart any project.
- 25 semi-weighted, full-size keys with aftertouch
- 8 RGB-illuminated MPC-style pads each with 4 banks for 32 pads
- 12 assignable Q-Link controllers include 8 control knobs and 4 backlit buttons
- Revamped control layout with backlit LCD screen
- USB-MIDI with 5-pin MIDI input & output
- iOS compatibility using the Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit (sold separately)
- Comprehensive transport and parameter controls for hands-on DAW integration
- MPC Note Repeat and arpeggiator for advanced rhythmic and melodic manipulation
- MPC Full Level, Tap Tempo, and Time Division assist with dynamics and tempo
- Pitch bend, modulation, and octave controls for expressive recording and performing
- 1 assignable foot switch jack & 1 expression jack
- USB power and plug-and-play connectivity
- Production software package included: Ableton Live Lite, Hybrid 3 by AIR Music Tech, SONiVOX Twist 2.0 & Akai Pro MPC Essentials (downloads)