Akai MPX8 SD Sample Pad Controller with USB & MIDI
- Free Shipping
MPX8 packs proven Akai Professional technology into a compact, durable design that’s built to perform.
Load virtually any sample via standard SD or SDHC card and assign it to any of the MPX8’s eight back-lit velocity and pressure sensitive pads.
Use it in the studio.
Use it live on stage or on air.
The Akai MPX8 also has USB MIDI, plus standard MIDI inputs and outputs, enabling you to control everything from music software on your laptop to outboard MIDI gear.
The included USB cable and 1/8" to MIDI adaptor make it easy to connect.
With the included sample kit editor, you can easily arrange, tune, and add reverb to your samples on your Mac or PC before loading them onto the MPX8. The editor’s drag-and-drop functionality saves you time, instantly converting your samples to compatible .wav files
The MPX8 also comes with a free Loop Library download from Akai Pro, plus a large library of standard samples built in, which can be used for live performance in front of a crowd, on a radio show, or for in-studio production.
It’s compact, easy to load, and ready to go.
MPX8 packs the sounds you need under great-feeling pads inside a solid Akai design. You get quick and convenient one-touch access to a virtually unlimited number of sounds, shots, stabs, and drops. It’s that simple.
- Add sound samples from a standard SD or SDHC card
- 8 velocity-sensitive and pressure-sensitive pads
- USB MIDI plus standard MIDI inputs and outputs
- Also controls computer MIDI software and outboard MIDI gear
- Drag-and-drop sample kit editor for Mac and PC included
- Editor instantly converts samples to compatible .wav files
- Built-in library of popular sounds and samples
- Includes additional free Akai Pro loop library download
- Tune, add reverb, and save sample sets for easy recall
- (2) Balanced 1/4-inch outputs (6.35 mm)
- 1/8-inch headphone output (3.5 mm)
- (2) TRS 1/4" (balanced)
- (1) 1/8" (3.5 mm) headphone
- MIDI over USB, 5-Pin DIN via 1/8" (3.5 mm) MIDI in and out (cable included)
- 8 velocity sensitive
- 21 internal (virtually unlimited via sd card)
- 8 Sounds Accessible via Pads
- 9-position user programmable
- Reverb and sample tune and 3 different trigger types
- Input 5VDC 1000mA via USB
- 1 lb ( 0.45kg)
- 29.4 cm x 10 cm x 3.3 cm