The AKG C214 professional large-diaphragm condenser microphone has been designed as a cost-effective alternative to the high-end C414 family.
Like the AKG C414, the C214 offers a supreme one-inch capsule on an integrated suspension to reduce mechanical noise. A switchable 20dB attenuation pad allows recording of loud sources of up to 156dB SPL. A switchable bass-cut filter allows close-up recording with almost no proximity effect.
The C214 captures sound by combining one capsule of the legendary C414 dual-capsule system and the patented AKG Back-Plate Technology, resulting in an outstanding performance close to the famous C414 XLII.
Like the C 414 models, the C 214 is capable of handling the rigours of high-pressure sound such as amplified guitars, with a sensitivity perfect for voice and orchestral instruments as well.
Additionally, the microphone offers a 20 dB Attenuation pad, 13 dB noise floor, and a low cut switch—all in an elegant but rugged package. Besides, the C 214 will also work on low phantom power voltages from 12 up to 48 volts.
Additional features include an integrated suspension, a double mesh grill high RF immunity without affecting acoustics.
The circuitry in the C 214 provides maximum SPL capability with minimum noise and the gold-plated XLR-type output connector offers loss-free signals.
- Sonic character of the C414 XLII - for beautifully detailed recording of lead vocals and solo instruments
- Outstanding dynamic range and ultra low noise - for close-up recording of high-output sources of up to 156dB SPL
- Switchable 20dB attenuator and bass-cut filter - for close-up recording and reduction of proximity effect
- Integrated suspension - to reduce mechanical noise and vibration from stage.
- Roadworthy design - all-metal die-cast body with shock- and scratch-resistant finish
Audio frequency bandwidth: 20 to 20000 Hz
Equivalent Noise Level: 13 dB-A
Sensitivity: 20 mV/Pa
Signal to Noise: 81 dB-A
Preattenuation Pad: -20 dB
Bass Cut Filter: 160 Hz
Electrical Impedance: 200 Ohms
Recommended Load Impedance: 1000 Ohms
Polar Patterns: Cardioid
Voltage: 9 to 52 V
Current: 2 mA
Type: Balanced XLR
Finish: Matte grayish blue
Dimensions / Weight
Width: 56 mm
Height: 160 mm
Net Weight: 280 g