Avid S1 Desktop Control Surface with Motorised Faders
- Free Shipping
Get the unparalleled speed, rich visual feedback, and software integration of Avid's high-end consoles in a slimline surface that's an easy fit for any space or budget.
The Avid S1 gives you deep hands-on control of your favourite audio and video software and, together with the free Pro Tools | Control app for iPad (iPad not included), provides great ergonomic efficiency, easy touch workflows, and S6-style metering and processing views, so you can navigate large sessions quickly, mix more intuitively, and turn around better sounding mixes fast.
Accelerate your music, video, or audio post-production workflows
For musicians, producers, and engineers, working with just a mouse and keyboard can be a drag.
Avid's S1 gives you the hands-on immediacy, speed, precision, and software integration you need to quickly turn your creative ideas into top-quality finished product.
S1 is also a boon to deadline-driven audio post houses where multiple projects routinely get shuttled through different mix rooms.
S1 provides the hands-on audio recording, editing, and surround mixing efficiencies of larger consoles in a considerably smaller footprint, making it easy — and affordable — to equip every room in your facility.
For video professionals, S1 not only lets you tackle big projects with ease, but also allows you to complete sound editorial and mixing tasks faster and with greater precision than with a mouse and keyboard alone.
- 8-fader unit with touch-sensitive motorised faders, touch-sensitive knobs, and touchscreen-integrated keys
- Connect multiple units together or add an optional Pro Tools | Dock to create a single extended, integrated surface with a jog wheel, transport controls, focus fader, and more
- Automation LED's, track colour switches
- Compatible with the free Pro Tools | Control app for iOS and Android
- High-resolution OLED displays
- High-res metering, including gain reduction, 9.1 surround support, automation status, EQ, dynamics, and panning graphs
- High-speed EuCon Ethernet protocol
- Deep integration with Pro Tools and Media Composer, plus native support for 3rd-party audio and video applications
- Also compatible with other DAWs, including Cubase, Logic Pro, Premiere Pro, and more
Mix big on a smaller scale
While the Avid S1 fits easily between your display and keyboard, it packs a lot of mixing power into its small surface.
From motorised faders and knobs that respond to your touch, to fast-access touchscreen workflows and Soft Keys that enable you to perform complex tasks with a single press, S1 provides the speed and versatility to accelerate any music, audio post, or video project.
Get unmatched software integration
S1 is powered by EUCON, Avid’s high-speed Ethernet control protocol that delivers deep hardware/software integration, giving you full touch and tactile access to a host of Avid and third-party software functions and controls.
You can even switch between multiple applications—and workstations—at the touch of a button, providing the most fluid editing and mixing experience.
Gain extensive insight into your mix
S1 not only features high-res OLED displays, it integrates with the free Pro Tools | Control iPad app, providing rich visual feedback to enhance your workflow.
From track names, parameter values, and automation, to S6-style monitoring (up to 9.1), metering, and channel processing views, you get the comprehensive feedback of a high-end console in a versatile surface for the budget-minded.
Scale the surface to your needs
Need more faders? Connect multiple S1 units together to create an extended, fully integrated control surface that provides more tactile control to handle larger mixes.
You can even connect Pro Tools | Dock to S1 to have dedicated transport controls, a jog wheel, focus fader, and more at your fingertips for greater control.
- Faders: Eight motorised, touch-sensitive, 100 mm long-throw faders
- Knobs: Eight push-top, touch-sensitive rotary encoders
- Additional controls: Assorted hardware buttons/keys for various functions and mode selections, including Mute, Solo, Record-enable, Bank, Nudge, and more
- Software interface: Supports the free Pro Tools | Control app running on iPad (iPad not included), providing touchscreen control, project navigation, macro triggers, and more
- Displays: Eight high-resolution OLED displays, plus multiple status LED's and multicoloured track buttons; channel metering, monitoring, processing, track status, automation modes, and other views provided by Pro Tools | Control on iPad
- Height (front, rear): 29 mm 97 mm
- Width: 312 mm
- Depth: 377 mm
- Scalability: Connect up to four S1 controllers together, plus Pro Tools | Dock, to create an extended, fully integrated surface