Behringer DEEPMIND 6 Analog 6-Voice Polyphonic Synthesizer
- Free Shipping
Behringer DEEPMIND 6 Synthesizer
True Analogue 6-Voice Polyphonic Synthesizer with 4 FX Engines, 2 OSCs and LFOs per Voice, 3 ADSR Generators, 8-Channel Modulation Matrix, 32-Step Control Sequencer and Tablet Remote Control
- Classic polyphonic synthesizer with 6 true analogue voices for insanely fat and authentic sounds
- 4 simultaneous world-class TC ELECTRONIC and KLARK TEKNIK FX with over 30 algorithms including Reverb, Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Delay and multi-band Distortion
- 6 voices with 2 OSCs per voice with oscillator sync mode
- 2 LFOs per voice with 7 waveform shapes, key sync, MIDI sync and envelope auto-triggering
- 3 ADSR generators per voice for control of VCF, VCA and MOD envelopes
- Flexible 8-channel modulation matrix with 19 sources and over 130 destinations including effects parameters
- 32-step control sequencer with adjustable slew rate and MIDI sync
- Full remote control via iPad/PC/Mac and selected Android App over USB or MIDI for extended parameter control
- 37 semi-weighted full-size keys featuring velocity sensitivity and after-touch
- Pure analog signal path based on legendary VCF and VCA designs
- OSC 1 generates sawtooth and square/pulse waveforms with pulse width modulation
- OSC 2 generates square/pulse waveforms with tone modulation
- Selectable dual slope 12/24 dB analogue low pass filter per voice with adjustable resonance
- Envelope faders seamlessly transform individual envelope segments between linear, exponential and reverse exponential curves
- Powerful unison and poly modes with detune, pan spread and drift parameters featuring up to 6 voices per note
- Global noise generator dramatically expands waveform generation
- Incredible polyphonic portamento with flexible fixed rate, fixed time and exponential pitch glide modes
- Sophisticated arpeggiator with tap tempo button and user configurable pattern modes
- Chord and PolyChord memories enable polyphonic performances from monophonic playing styles
- True bypass mode for pure and high-integrity analogue tone
- Global variable 6 dB high pass filter with powerful bass boost switch
- 26 sliders and one switch per function give direct and real-time access to all important parameters
- Spring-loaded pitch and assignable modulation wheels provide total hands-on performance
- LCD Display with encoder, navigation switches and data value slider for rapid menu parameter editing and program selection
- 1024 user program memories with “compare and match” feature to quickly match all analog controls to values stored in program
- Fully servo-balanced stereo outputs for highest signal integrity
- CV/pedal input for connection to modular systems
- Comprehensive MIDI implementation (including NRPN/CC control of all parameters and bulk load/save)
- 3-Year Warranty Program
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.
With the creation of DEEPMIND 6, the ultimate true analogue, 6-voice polyphonic synthesizer is finally a reality. DEEPMIND 6 allows you to conjure up virtually any sound you can imagine with unparalleled finesse and ease. Thanks to its 4 FX engines, dual analogue OSCs and LFOs per voice, 3 ADSR Generators, 8-Channel Modulation Matrix and onboard 32-Step Control Sequencer, the DEEPMIND 6 gives you complete control over your soundscape.
Plus, DEEPMIND 6 features comprehensive remote control via iPad/PC/Mac and selected Android Apps over USB or MIDI – for a custom-tailored workflow that lets your creative spirit soar to new heights.
Classic Polyphonic Synthesizer
The inspired synthesizer tracks laid down in the 1970s and '80s are etched in the annals of progressive rock and pop music forever, making them truly classic in every sense of the word. DEEPMIND 6’s pure analog signal path with legendary IR3109-style VCFs, stereo VCAs, and 12-voice polyphony lets you recreate all that magic or design the powerful, original sounds that just might make you a legend in your own right.
The FX Racks
We also included 4 simultaneous FX engines with over 33 world-class TC ELECTRONIC, MIDAS and KLARK TEKNIK algorithms – including Reverb, Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Delay, Multiband Distortion, and many more. Custom-designed and physically modelled after some of the most iconic and sought-after processors, DEEPMIND 6’s FX were essentially “rebuilt” in the digital domain – and put right at your fingertips. All effects run inside the low-latency environment of the DEEPMIND 6, ensuring flawless performance and flexible routing.
- TC ELECTRONIC is synonymous with some of the best sounding reverbs found anywhere. The TC DEEP REVERB provides 9 iconic reverb modes you know and love in tone effect that sounds insanely good. It’s amazing that just 4 controls (Decay, Tone and PreDelay) provide such a wide range of tonal options – bright and springy, warm and bouncy, or gigantic dark reflections. All that – and then some!
- The Lexicon 480L has been recognised as the gold standard of digital reverb, and we have included five of the finest reverb models: HALL, AMBIENT, RICH PLATE, ROOM and RICH CHAMBER. These models precisely capture all nuances based on our “True Physical Modelling” and our algorithms even incorporate the unit’s AD/DA gain stepping converters – nailing the entire analog and digital circuit paths, right down to the last detail. (Inspired by Lexicon 480L)
- Based on the legendary EMT250, the VINTAGE REVERB delivers a shimmering, bright reverb that won’t drown out or overpower your live/recorded tracks. Use the VINTAGE REVERB to sweeten vocals and snare drums without sacrificing clarity. (Inspired by EMT250 Plate Reverb)
- PLATE REVERB emulates the characteristics of a plate reverb chamber with control over the damping pad, modulation depth and speed, and crossover. PLATE REVERB will give your tracks the sound heard on countless hit records since the late 1950s. (Inspired by Lexicon PCM70*)
- Our GATED REVERB recreates the sound achieved by combining a reverb with a noise gate, and is especially effective for a 1980s-style snare sound or to boost the presence of a kick drum. (Inspired by Lexicon 300/480L)
- REVERSE REVERB puts the reverb tail in front of the sound source, creating a swelling crescendo that adds an ethereal quality to vocal and snare tracks. (Inspired by Lexicon 300/480L)
- Taking up only one FX slot, the CHORUS & CHAMBER effect combines the shimmer and doubling characteristics of a studio-grade chorus with the sweet sound of a traditional chamber reverb. (Inspired by Lexicon PCM70)
- Here we combine DELAY & CHAMBER, so that a single device can provide a variety of delay settings, plus add just the right type and amount of reverb to the selected signal. (Inspired by Lexicon PCM70)
- FLANGER CHAMBER combines the mind-bending, filter-sweeping effect of a state-of-the-art flanger with the elegant sweetening of a traditional chamber reverb – all in one FX slot. (Inspired by Lexicon PCM70)
- The 4 BAND EQ is a sweep parametric equaliser, and is taken directly from the MIDAS PRO X Live Digital Console. The bands are low, low mid, high mid and high, with the mid bands using a Q Factor adjustment to custom-tailor the sound. Any combination of the four bands may be used simultaneously.
- STEREO ENHANCER lets you emphasise the Bass, Midrange and Hi output at selectable frequencies, for maximum punch, clarity and detail – without turning up the overall volume. (Inspired by SPL Vitalizer)
- The Fairchild 670 tube compressor not only achieves record bids in high-end vintage gear auctions, it also delivers some of the finest coloration in compressor history. Two small trim VR’s preset the control side chain action, a six-step switch determines the timing, and the two large Input and Threshold knobs adjust the levels. Our FAIR COMPRESSOR model is true to the original signal path, and conveniently provides models for dual, stereo-linked or mono and stereo operation. (Inspired by Fairchild 670)
- MIDAS MULTI-BAND DISTORTION is ideal for making the sound gritty, adding more warmth through saturation, or even enhancing a specific frequency region. With 6 distortion types to choose from, you can go from softly-saturated to ultra-aggressive distorted tones – and everything in-between.
- The RACKAMP simulates the sound of plugging your instrument (or sound) into a real amplifier. From shimmering cleans to saturated crunch, the RACKAMP allows you to sound great – without using an amp on stage. (Inspired by Tech 21 SansAmp)
- The EDISON EX1+ is the reincarnation of one of our own analogue classics. This remarkably-effective tool allows manipulation of the stereo field. Selectable M/S input/output modes allow the processing or creation of mono or stereo sound sources. (Inspired by BEHRINGER EDISON)
- AUTO PAN creates an up and down volume change at a constant and even tempo, just like the guitar amps of yesteryear. Use the AUTO PAN to add a unique “surf-music” texture to your performance.
- The NOISE GATE block sounds from passing that are below the applied threshold level, without reducing overall dynamics thanks to our proprietary Transient Accenting technology.
- STEREO DELAY provides independent control of the left and right delay times and features high and low pass filters for enhanced tone shaping of the affected signals. Use the STEREO DELAY to give your mono signals a wide presence in the stereo field.
- The 3-TAP DELAY records the input signal and then echoes it back after a user-definable period of time and number of repeats. What makes the stereo and triple delay useful and outstanding is the linked tap-timing and musical choice of echo patterns. Use the 3-TAP DELAY to fatten up vocals and instruments, or to add an enhanced spatial element to any performance.
- The 4-TAP DELAY records the input signal and then echoes it back after a user-definable period of time and number of repeats. What makes the stereo and quadruple delay useful and outstanding is the linked tap-timing and musical choice of echo patterns. Use the 4-TAP DELAY to fatten up vocals and instruments, or to add an enhanced spatial element to any performance.
- TEL-RAY ECHO DELAY features an incredibly simple set of knobs that allow you to create delay, echo, chorus, vibrato and reverb type effects – all in one handy device. (Inspired by original 1960's Tel-Ray gear)
- DECIMATOR DELAY reduces the sampling frequency and the bit-depth of the signal. The Decimator Delay is a creative tool that can be used in many ways, from emulating the aliasing noise found in older samplers, to generating complex, low-fi and rough delay lines.
- MODULATION DELAY combines three of the most used time modulation effects into one easy-to-operate unit. Enjoy true-stereo delay with a lush and spacious chorus, topped off with three reverb models to choose from.
- STEREO CHORUS samples the input, slightly detunes it and mixes it with the original signal to produce a somewhat thicker, shimmering sound. Use it to fatten up background vocals, or to double the sound of brass and woodwind instruments.
- The DIMENSIONAL CHORUS is the perfect emulation of what has been referred to as “the best analogue chorus unit ever created”. Four simple Mode preset buttons activate amazing effects, best described as “space” and “dimension”. Absolutely faithful to the original, multiple preset buttons can be pressed simultaneously. (Inspired by Roland Dimension D Chorus)
- The STEREO FLANGER emulates the phase-shifting sound (comb-filtering) originally created by applying pressure against the flange of the reel on a tape recorder. This effect creates a unique “wobbly” sound that is quite dramatic when used on vocals and instruments.
- A STEREO PHASER, or phase shifter, applies multiple stages of modulated filters to the input signal to create a “notch” in the frequency response, and then blends it with the original for a “swirling” effect. Use the STEREO PHASER to add a “spaced-out” sound to vocal or instrument tracks.
- The MOOD FILTER uses an LFO generator and an auto-envelope generator to control a VCF (voltage-controlled filter), as well as a side chain function where the channel B signal controls the envelope of channel A.
- The DUAL PITCH SHIFTER allows you to add up to two additional notes to the original signal to create harmony. It can also be used with only a minor pitch adjustment to create much thicker sounds, often referred to as “voice doubling”.
- ROTARY SPEAKER emulates the sound of a Leslie rotating speaker and is most commonly associated with an organ or guitar. This version provides much more flexibility than its electro-mechanical counterpart, and can be used with a variety of instruments (even vocals) to create a whirling, psychedelic effect.
Glorious 6-Note Polyphony
Playing chords and building textural soundscapes requires the ability to generate multiple notes or sounds simultaneously. While early analogue synthesizers were either monophonic (only 1 note at a time), or somewhat limited in the number of sounds they could produce at the same time, the DEEPMIND 6 boosts your creativity with 6-note polyphony. Each voice has 2 oscillators, with OSC 1 generating sawtooth and square/pulse waveforms with pulse width modulation, and OSC 2 generates square/pulse waveforms with a unique tone modulation. With 12 oscillators at your disposal, a tremendous range of options becomes available including the following oscillator modes: Unison 6, 4, 3, 2 Mono; Mono -2; Mono 4; Mono 6; and Poly. The addition of oscillator sync, oscillator drift and parameter drift allow the recreation of the much sought after warmth and movement found in vintage analogue synthesizers, with greatly improved reliability and stability.
Individual voices also have 2 LFOs (Low-Frequency Oscillators) with a range that extends into the audio rate. Each LFO features adjustable slew-rate, modulation delay, key sync, assignable clock sync (internal or external MIDI), envelope auto-triggering, as well as Delay and Fade in. The 7 available waveform shapes are; Sine; Triangle; Square; Ramp Up; Ramp Down; Sample and Hold, and Sample and Glide for an amazing array of tonal options. The DEEPMIND 6 also offers a highly unusual Phase Link option for the polyphonic LFOs, allowing them to operate in Unison (Mono), or link with an adjustable phase shift between voices. Additionally, the LFOs can track key pitch via the modulation matrix, enabling cross mod type effects.
3 Envelope Generators
When it comes to envelope generation, DEEPMIND 6 has all bases covered, thanks to 3 four-stage ADSR (Attack, Decay, Sustain, Release) envelope generators per voice, each equipped with continuously-variable curves for truly unique flexibility. Envelope Trigger Modes include: Legato, Mono, and Retrigger. The envelopes can be triggered by key, individual LFOs, or the control sequencer and looped well into the audio rate. DEEPMIND 6 serves up all the versatility and tone-sculpting options a professional musician could ask for.
8-Channel Modulation Matrix
Want to modulate the reverb tail or compressor with the mod wheel? How about driving the MIDAS Multiband Distortion effect with an LFO or aftertouch? With 19 modulation sources and more than 130 destinations, DEEPMIND 6 provides a multitude of modulation options. And the "press & hold" shortcuts make selection of those sources and destinations quick and easy.
32-Step Control Sequencer
The control sequencer features an adjustable slew rate, MIDI sync, and allows a 32-step pattern of values, which can vary from -127 to 127. Other parameters that can be controlled include: note value; tie and length; slew; and swing. These can all be mapped as modulation sources to any of the available destinations.
Comprehensive remote control is available for DEEPMIND 6 via iPad/PC/Mac App over USB or MIDI for extended parameter control. The iPad App also features a robust preset manager, gig list full editor and integral Patch Morpher.
The keyboard features 37 full-sized, velocity-sensitive keys with aftertouch that deliver an expressive and superior playing experience. You’ll love the feel and playability of DEEPMIND 6’s semi-weighted keys as they respond to even the slightest nuance of your playing. Aftertouch allows you to imbue your sound with variations of pitch, volume, modulation or colour – whatever parameters you choose. Whether you have a heavy or soft playing style, DEEPMIND 6 always responds to your touch with 3 different selectable velocity and aftertouch curves.
Pure Analogue Signal Path
A modern reincarnation of a beloved analogue classic (with true bypass studio-grade FX), all of DEEPMIND 6's sounds are purely analog – all the way from OSC 1, which generates sawtooth and square/pulse waveforms with user-definable pulse width modulation (PWM), and OSC 2, which generates square/pulse waveforms with tone modulation. The combination of square/pulse waves on OSC 1 and tone modulation on OSC 2 gives the DEEPMIND 6 a boldly unique and fresh character not found in competing products.
Low Pass Filter & Envelope Faders
Everything about the DEEPMIND 6 has been designed to give you total control over the creative process. That goes for the selectable, dual slope 12/24 dB analog low pass filter with adjustable resonance and tracking (per voice), and the 4 Envelope faders that smoothly transform individual segments of the envelope between linear, exponential and reverse exponential curves.
Big, Fat Tones
DEEPMIND 6 provides your choice of powerful unison or poly modes, with detune, pan spread and drift parameters, that can handle up to 6 voices per note for incredibly fat tones. And if you want even more, just engage the global noise generator to expand the waveform options. DEEPMIND 6's extreme versatility empowers you to be your creative best.
While most synthesizers only allow simple mono portamento glides, the DEEPMIND 6 lets you create stunningly smooth mono and polyphonic chord glissandos that will really get your juices flowing. Options include flexible fixed rate, fixed time and exponential pitch glide modes of operation.
A very sophisticated Arpeggiator is also provided, complete with a tap tempo button and user-configurable pattern modes that exhibit a level of refinement previously only available from a sequencer. DEEPMIND 6's arpeggiator can operate across up to 6 octaves, and you can choose from 32 preset rhythmic patterns with up to 32 steps and rests – or create and save your own. Modes of operation include: UP; DOWN; UP-DOWN; UP-INV; DOWN-INV; UP-DN-INV; UP-ALT; DOWNALT; RAND; AS-PLAYED, and CHORD. A wide range of clock options are also available, as well as hold switch latching.
Want to build impossibly-huge chords that can be played with a single finger. DEEPMIND 6 allows you to write extremely complex chords and polychords (up to 6 notes each), save them into memory locations – and perform them with the press of a single key. There is enough storage space onboard for 36 six-note chords, all of which can be mapped to specific trigger keys.
True Bypass Mode
The FX menu of the DEEPMIND 6 is accessed by pressing the FX button, which in turn brings up the FX page on the LCD display. This is where you assign, route and adjust all FX parameters, including Mode, Mix and Level. You can select the Bypass Mode to completely remove the digital FX from the signal path for a pure, high-integrity analogue tone.
High Pass Filter
The 6 dB High Pass Filter (HPF) in the DEEPMIND 6 lets you set the lower cutoff frequency of the output signal. The accompanying Boost switch applies a +12 dB bass boost to the signal path to fatten up the bottom end.
You Are Always in Control
We can't help ourselves – like you, we're gear-heads, too. For those who want the numbers, DEEPMIND 6 has: 26 sliders; 33 switches; 1 rotary encoder; 2 knobs; 1 spring-loaded pitch wheel and 1 assignable, spring-loaded modulation wheel. All are laid out in a highly-intuitive format designed to put the joy back into your music creation.
Pitch and Mod Wheels
Spring-loaded pitch and assignable modulation wheels are conveniently placed for easy left-hand access, making the DEEPMIND 6 the ultimate live performance and studio-ready synthesizer.
Large LCD Screen
The large and easy-to-read LCD screen provides rapid parameter editing and program selection on-the-fly, for a total hands-on performance with real-time access to all important parameters. The screen shows the synthesizer status, parameters, and the five main menu pages: Connectivity; Keyboard; Pedal; Fader and System. The contrast and brightness levels are adjustable on the System settings page of the GLOBAL menu.
Something to Remember
The patches loaded into DEEPMIND 6's memory were designed by some of the world's finest sound designers, and all of them are available for your modification. Your parameter settings can be stored in one of 1024 available user memory slots, which feature a convenient “compare and match” function that helps you match all analogue controls to the values stored in the program. DEEPMIND 6 provides more than enough memory to store several soundtracks – and even entire shows.
You've Got Connections
DEEPMIND 6's connectivity is extensive with: fully servo-balanced stereo TRS outputs, for audio feeds to mixing consoles/amplifiers; Phones; Sustain; Pedal/CV; MIDI (In, Out, Thru), for external devices and your DAW; and MIDI USB for your computer and firmware updates. The comprehensive MIDI implementation includes NRPN/CC control of virtually all parameters and bulk load/save.
Unleash Your Imagination
When it comes to not just pushing the envelopes but creating them, DEEPMIND 6 gives your imagination its polyphonic voice – and it’s so very affordable. Modern performance calls for the classic analogue sound with all the digital advantages – it calls for the BEHRINGER DEEPMIND 6!