Behringer MS-1 32 Key Monophonic Analogue Synthesizer - Blue
- Free Shipping
BEHRINGER MS-1 - BLUE
Analogue Synthesizer with 32 Full-Size Keys, 3340 VCO with 4 Simultaneous Waveforms, VCF, ADSR, 32-Step Sequencer, Arpeggiator and Live Performance Kit
- Blue in Colour
- Amazing monophonic synthesizer with authentic 3340 analogue oscillator for insanely fat music creation
- 32 semi-weighted full-size keys for great playability
- Pure analogue signal path based on legendary VCO, VCF and VCA designs to recreate the classic sound performance
- Oscillator with 4 simultaneously-mixable waveforms: saw, triangle, square/pwm and octave-divided square sub-oscillator
- Resonant VCF can be modulated with ADSR, LFO, keyboard tracking and bender controller
- 6 FM sources based on NovaMod allow for creative VCF modulation and unheard of filter effects
- ADSR envelope generator for incredible wave shaping
- Easy-to-use 32-step sequencer with 64 sequence locations
- Arpeggiator with wide patterns for great sound effects
- Attachable handgrip included with pitch bend wheel and pitch modulation trigger
- Guitar strap included for live jamming on stage
- Bender assignable to VCO, VCF and pitch mod wheel on attachable hand grip
- Noise generator can be used as modulation source for distortion-like effects
- Incredible portamento function for fantastic sound effects
- Pulse wave can be modulated by LFO, envelope and manually
- 57 sliders and switches to give you direct and real-time access to all important parameters
- External audio input for processing external sound sources
- Comprehensive USB/MIDI implementation for connection to keyboard/sequencer
- 3-Year Warranty Program
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.
The 1980's and ’90's spawned a new “wave” of synth performers including Devo, The Chemical Brothers, The Prodigy, The Crystal Method and a host of others, all empowered by the sound of a simple strap-on instrument that let keyboardists steal the spotlight away from their guitar-wielding bandmates.
An ultra-affordable homage to that iconic synthesizer with all the features of the original and then some, such as a 32-step sequencer, arpeggiator and live performance kit, the MS-1 lets you conjure up virtually any sound with incredible finesse and ease.
With its 32 semi-weighted full-size keys, pure analogue signal path, authentic 3340 VCO with 4 simultaneously-mixable waveforms, plus extremely flexible VCF and VCA filters, the MS-1 is sure to become your favourite synth.
Owning the MS-1 is like having your own personal time machine, enabling you to embrace the past – or make your imprint on the future!
True to the Original
Great care has been taken in engineering the Behringer MS-1, including the true to the original analogue circuitry, legendary VCO, VCF and VCA designs, all of which combine to make it easy to recreate the classic sound performance.
This highly-focused attention to detail is what gives the MS-1 its ultra-flexible sound shaping capability, which covers everything from super-fat bass and lead tones to stunning effects – and all the way out to the otherworldly sounds of your imagination.
Big, Fat Tones
The inspired synthesizer tracks laid down in the 1980's and ’90's are etched in the annals of progressive rock, wave, EDM and synth-pop music forever, making them truly classic in every sense of the word.
The MS-1 lets you recreate all of that magic – or design incredibly fat and original sounds that will make you a legend in your own right!
The Behringer MS-1’s authentic 3340 Voltage Controlled Oscillator (VCO) provides an incredible range of 4 simultaneously-mixable waveforms for sculpting the perfect sound.
Options include: saw, triangle, square/pwm and octave-divided square sub-oscillator.
Additionally, the VCO can be adjusted across a wide, 4-octave range (16', 8', 4', and 2'). This amazing flexibility gives you the tools needed to be your creative best.
The very heart of the Behinger MS-1's sound is its highly-flexible Voltage Control Filter (VCF), which includes faders for: cutoff Frequency (10 Hz to 20 kHz); Resonance (0 to self-oscillation); Envelope and Modulation depth, and Keyboard follow (0 to 100%) to dial in the perfect sound.
MS-1's VCF can be modulated via the ADSR, keyboard tracking and Bender controller.
The Frequency Modulation (FM) Amount knob sets the depth, while the FM Source selector lets you further modify the signal by choosing from: pulse; sawtooth; sub oscillator 1 octave down; 2 octaves down; narrow 2 octaves down, and Noise.
The Envelope, Please...
The Behringer MS-1's Envelope generator features 4 ADSR (Attack, Decay, Sustain and Release) faders that help you craft incredible sounds, and utilises a 3-position switch for Gate, Gate + Trigger and LFO.
When applied to the Voltage Control Amplifier (VCA), the ADSR envelope is used to control the level of the note being played over time.
When applied to the VCF, the ADSR envelope is used to control the cut-off frequency of the filter for each note played over time.
In addition, the ADSR envelope can also be used to affect the VCO pulse width modulation.
Own the Stage
When you’re ready to strut your stuff and get a little centre stage time, the MS-1 has that covered too!
Just attach the included guitar strap and hand grip (with pitch bend wheel and a pitch modulation trigger), and take your performance to the next level.
Why should singers and guitar players get all the limelight – carve out a little of your own!
Modulate Me to the Max!
In addition to the great sound-sculpting features already mentioned, the MS-1 still has more to offer.
The noise generator can also be used as modulation source to create distortion-like effects, which will send your solo soaring into the stratosphere.
Glide (portamento) lets you sweep seamlessly over time from one note to the next, creating smooth-as-silk transitions that few other instruments can emulate.
MS-1's Bender is also assignable to the VCO, VCF and pitch mod wheel on attachable handgrip.
You can even modulate the pulse wave via the LFO, envelope or manually – for sounds ranging from mild to wild!
Controls & Connectivity
We just can’t help ourselves – like you, we're gear-heads, too.
For those who want the numbers, MS-1 has 57 knobs, faders and switches, all laid out in a highly-intuitive format that puts the joy back into your music creation.
Input and output connections include:
- MIDI I/O and Thru over USB/MIDI DIN
- Velocity Out
- External Clock In
- VCF CV In
- External Audio
- Main Output
Unleash Your Imagination
When it comes to not just pushing envelopes but creating them, MS-1 gives your imagination its voice – and it’s so very affordable.
When modern performance calls for classic analogue sound – it calls for the Behringer MS-1!