Behringer Neutron Semi Modular Analogue Synthesizer
- Free Shipping
Paraphonic Analog and Semi-Modular Synthesizer with Dual 3340 VCOs, Multi-Mode VCF, 2 ADSRs, BBD Delay and Overdrive Circuit in a Eurorack Format
- Paraphonic synthesizer with authentic dual 3340 analogue oscillators for insanely fat music creation
- Pure analogue signal path based on legendary VCO design to recreate classic sound performance
- Semi-modular architecture with default routing requires no patching for immediate performance
- Oscillator waveform control blends seamlessly between 5 shapes (tone mod, pulse, sawtooth, triangle, sine)
- Individual pulse width / tone mod control provides ultimate sounds
- Paraphonic mode allows both oscillators to be independently controlled
- Self-oscillating, multi-mode VCF with dual output (e.g. LP+HP available on jacks)
- 2 analogue ADSR generators for modulation of VCF and VCA
- Multiple stage analogue delay based on legendary BBD (Bucket Brigade Delay) technology
- Flexible LFO with five waveform shapes, MIDI clock sync and key sync
- Noise generator dramatically expands waveform generation
- Overdrive circuit adds rich analogue warmth and edge to your sounds
- 36 controls and 7 buttons give you direct and real time access to all parameters
- Utility functions including attenuators, multiples, slew rate limiter and summers for creative patching flexibility
- 32 in / 24 out jack matrix for an incredible amount of patching options
- Patchable audio-rate sample and hold with glide for added creativity
- Powerful headphone output with dedicated level control
- External audio input for processing external sound sources
- Comprehensive USB/Midi implementation for connection to keyboard/sequencer
- 3-Year Warranty Program
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.
The 1970s and ’80s spawned the first wave of portable analogue synthesizers, and while quickly adopted by a bevy of renowned musical artists including Jan Hammer, Chick Corea, Rick Wakeman, Jean-Michel Jarre, Isao Tomita and Keith Emerson to name a few, they were somewhat temperamental and very expensive.
An updated incarnation of its predecessors with all the original features and then some, the BEHRINGER NEUTRON lets you conjure up virtually any monophonic sound imaginable with incredible finesse and ease.
The pure analogue signal path is based on authentic VCO, VCF, VCA and state variable filter designs in conjunction, with a flexible, multi-wave LFO and classic Bucket Brigade Delay (BBD). NEUTRON’s Paraphonic mode allows both 3340 analogue oscillators to be independently controlled for an expanded palette of tonal options.
And when it comes to protection and convenience, the NEUTRON can be mounted in a standard Eurorack, making it ideal for the studio and/or the road.
Owning a NEUTRON is like having your own personal time machine, enabling you to freely embrace the past – or shape the future!
Designed around an intuitively-linear workflow, NEUTRON benefits greatly from its semi-modular design, which requires no patching for immediate performance. Just put your NEUTRON into self-oscillation, connect your favourite keyboard or computer via MIDI over DIN or USB – and start exploring the world of analogue music synthesis right out-of-the-box.
True to the Classics
Great care has been taken in designing the NEUTRON to ensure it is true to the circuitry of the classic synthesizers that made musical history. This highly-focused attention to detail is what gives the NEUTRON its ultra-flexible sound shaping capability, which covers everything from super-fat bass and lead tones, stunning effects, progressive organ sounds – and all the way out to the otherworldly sounds of your imagination.
Big, Fat Tones
The inspired synthesizer tracks laid down in the 1970s and ’80s are etched in the annals of progressive rock, wave and synth-pop music forever, making them truly classic in every sense of the word. NEUTRON’s pure analogue signal path with legendary VCO, VCF and VCA circuits, lets you recreate all of that magic – or design incredibly fat and original sounds that will make you a legend in your own right!
VCO Double Play
NEUTRON’s highly-flexible dual Voltage Controlled Oscillators (VCOs) provide an incredible range using 5 unique waveforms for sculpting the perfect sound. Oscillators 1 and 2 options include: Tone Mod; Square; Sawtooth; Triangular or Sine; which can be adjusted across an extremely-wide, 3-octave range (32', 16', 8'). This amazing flexibility gives you all the tools to be your creative best.
12 dB State Variable Filter and VCA
The very heart of NEUTRON’s sound is its highly-flexible 12 dB State Variable Filter, which lets you freely experiment with the cutoff Frequency (10 Hz - 15 kHz), Modulation and Envelope Depth to dial in the perfect sound. NEUTRON’s Filter Mode switch provides 3 settings (high pass, band pass and low pass) for a broad range of tonal options.
Additionally, support for filter Keytracking enables you to select the amount of filtering that is applied to the note being played. The VCA can even be overloaded via NEUTRON’s Overdrive circuit to add insane spice and edge to your sounds – without saying “goodbye” to your precious low-end content.
You are always in complete control of NEUTRON’s onboard modulators, which feature: adjustable Tune; OSC mix; Shape; and Pulse width knobs. A range of switches is provided for: Paraphonic on/off; OSC Sync and Octave Range selection.
The internal LFO is the default modulation source for the VCF, unless an external Frequency Mod source is connected at the 3.5 mm input jack.
As we stated earlier, the BEHRINGER NEUTRON is the leading mono, all-analogue synthesizer in its class – especially when it comes to sound quality, versatility and affordability.
The all-analogue, bucket-brigade circuit inside NEUTRON provides 25 - 640 ms of delay time. At lower time settings, your echoes will be crisp and punchy; but at longer settings, you’ll experience the natural high-end roll-off that is the hallmark of a great analogue delay.
And when you max out the repeats, you get a full dose of glorious self-oscillation – for mind-blowing runaway delay strings.
Dual Envelope Generators
When it comes to envelope generation, NEUTRON has all bases covered, thanks to its 2 ADSR (Attack, Decay, Sustain, Release) envelope generators. NEUTRON serves up all the versatility and tone-sculpting options a professional musician could ask for.
Designed to handle the rigours of life on the road or in the studio, your NEUTRON can easily be transferred into a standard Eurorack 80HP case for the perfect integration into your existing system.
Controls & Connectivity
We just can’t help ourselves – like you, we're gear-heads, too.
For those who want the numbers, NEUTRON has 36 knobs and 7 switches, all laid out in a highly-intuitive format that puts the joy back into your music creation. The onboard patching matrix provides 32 In x 24 Out TS 1/8" (3.5 mm) connections.
Additional I/O includes: MIDI I/O and Thru over USB/MIDI DIN; main audio Input and Output; and Phones – with its own dedicated level control.
Unleash Your Imagination
When it comes to not just pushing envelopes but creating them, NEUTRON gives your imagination its voice – and it’s so very affordable. When modern performance calls for classic analogue sound – it calls for the BEHRINGER NEUTRON!