BEYERDYNAMIC DT 770 PRO
Reference headphones for control and monitoring purpose (closed back)
The DT 770 PRO closed studio headphones from beyerdynamic provide professional quality sound for critical listening applications.
Whether you're in the control room or on the recording floor, the DT 770 Pro headphones are made to deliver accurate sound while giving you a very comfortable fit - a real necessity for long sessions.
You get an impressive 5 Hz - 35 kHz frequency response, while the closed ear design helps to minimise outside noise and orient the headphones' speakers to your ears correctly.
Built to last and perform reliably, the beyerdynamic DT 770 headphones make a great addition to any studio.
- 250 Ohms (see below for explanation on headphone impedance)
- Circumaural headphones for professional sound in the studio and on mobile devices
- Innovative bass reflex system
- High wearing comfort thanks to soft, circumaural and replaceable ear pads
- Comfortable fit due to rugged, adjustable, soft padded headband construction
- Made in Germany
What is headphone impedance and what should I choose?
Impedance is very technical measurement that is hard to explain without equations and scientific jargon.
We'll simplify it and break it down in terms of headphones with low and high impedance, but what headphone impedance you should choose really comes down to the purpose you are using them for.
Read on for more info!
- Most headphones with low impedance (less than 25 ohms, approximately) require little power to deliver high audio levels. For example, low impedance headphones will work well with equipment with weak amplification like portable music players, phones, and other portable devices.
- Headphones with higher impedance (25 ohms and over, approximately) demand more power to deliver high audio levels. As a result, they are protected from damage caused by overloading. They can also be used with a wider range of audio equipment.
- DJ headphones generally range from 25 to 70 ohms.
- Headphones with low impedance are more susceptible to "blow outs" when using more powerful amplifiers. For example, connect a lower-priced pair of ear buds with low impedance (for example, 18 ohms) to a DJ mixer, turn it up to the max, and you'll probably blow them out.
Note: if you're buying very high impedance headphones (for example, the 250 ohms on these Beyerdynamic DT-770-PRO's), you should do make sure the equipment you'll be using it with is capable of driving such a high load.
Professional equipment is usually capable, but be aware that you do require more power to be put into the headphones to get louder volumes out of them.
- 32 Ohms - Smartphones, music players and laptops: Headphones for when you’re out and about but not prepared to compromise on studio sound.
- 80 Ohms - Universal studio use: These headphones are the ideal choice for a range of studio applications.
- 250 Ohms - Professional Devices: With an impedance of 250 ohm, the DT 770 PRO headphones are perfect for mixing in the studio.
THE STUDIO LEGENDS
For decades now, professional users all around the world have placed their trust in our classic range: DT 770/880/990 PRO. These benchmark-setting studio headphones, available in three different models, boast extremely detailed resolution and very transparent sound.
The DT 770 PRO headphones is the range’s closed-back model and offers maximum flexibility and detailed sound that you can rely on.
IMPRESSIVE SOUND VOLUME
The beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO headphones have established themselves as a firm favourite amongst music producers, sound engineers and broadcasters and are used in studios all over the world. They reproduce the entire frequency range with incredible precision, and even reproduce low frequencies in punchy detail.
TOP-NOTCH IMPULSE RESPONSE
The headphones are designed for critical music and sound monitoring, providing a perfectly neutral listening environment with exceptional isolation and top-notch impulse response.
High frequencies are translated into an analytical and differentiated sound. Ultra-low bass sounds are defined and reproduced crisply.
The robust spring steel headband ensures a secure fit for the wearer. Soft ear cups mean that the headphones are comfortable even if worn for prolonged periods.
The single-sided cable allows the headphones to be put on and taken off frequently without cables getting tangled.
MADE IN GERMANY
The DT 770 PRO headphones are and always have been handcrafted in Germany. The materials and component parts used are painstakingly made by hand and can be replaced if necessary.
- DT 770 PRO Headphones
- 6.35 mm Jack Adaptor
- Drawstring Bag
- Open/Closed: Closed
- Fit Style: Circumaural (Around the Ear)
- Driver Size: 45 mm
- Frequency Response: 5 Hz - 35 kHz
- Impedance: 250 ohms
- Noise Attenuation: 18 dB
- Cable Type: Coiled
- Cable Length: 9.8'
- Replaceable Cable: Yes
- Plug Size: 1/8", 1/4" adaptor
- Included Accessories: Adaptor, Drawstring Bag
- Colour: Black